It’s that time of year when holiday parties take over every personal and work calendar! When companies reflect upon the year past and take the time to show appreciation for others. Whether you’re planning an virtual event, intimate employee dinner or an end-of-the-year corporate bash, check out a few things we think are important to remember when holiday event planning.
Why holiday events are important?
There’s just something special about holiday events. Whether it’s getting together with friends and family, enjoying festive activities, or sharing in seasonal traditions, these occasions always seem to add a little extra joy to the season. And that’s why they’re so important.
Holiday events give us a chance to come together and celebrate. They provide an opportunity to spend time with the people we care about most, and to create memories that will last a lifetime. What could be more special than that?
Plus, holiday events are a great way to get into the Christmas spirit. From caroling to decorating to gift exchanges, there’s always something fun happening. And who doesn’t love getting into the holiday cheer?
So if you’re looking for a way to make this Christmas even more special, consider attending a holiday event. You won’t regret it!
Why do it?
Whether you’re a new company trying to establish a company culture, or a large-scale brand attempting to improve upon existing culture, this is a great way to do it (for the exact two reasons below.)
Not everyone feels comfortable approaching others in a working environment, so having a party will allow employees a chance to get to know each other on a personal level. (Hey, we bet a few friendships blossom out of this get together!)
Let people let loose.
Whether your office has a chill working atmosphere or a professional environment, everyone deserves a chance to let their hair down on the company’s dime. These people have put their blood, sweat, and tears into their jobs. It’s the least you can do.
Things to Consider When Planning
These elements are a must (or just a maybe) when planning a corporate get-together.
- A theme! — Don’t let your holiday party fall in line with the rest of them. Set your event apart from the events that are held throughout the year with a unique holiday theme. A few we like: casino royale, Santa’s workshop, ugly sweater.
- Caterer, DJ, party rentals — Yes, we know these sound elementary to an event prof, but for this party, add some holiday flare. You could just make sure you’ve got the basics covered, or tie your holiday theme into every element.
- A To-do list — This may not seem like a party element, but it most certainly is if you’re the planner. See our last post for to-do list pointers.
- Awards — Show appreciation for your employees and recognize them with funny awards. This will definitely lighten and loosen the mood. A few we like: rookie of the year, spirit award, MVP, unsung hero, noisiest typer, fashionista, office prankster.
- Party Headphones rentals — Bet you never thought about this! Add some dancing to the mix with a silent disco, or play Christmas music videos throughout the venue and give attendees the option to listen in with Party Headphones.
How to host a Silent Disco Party?
A Silent Disco Party, also known as a Silent rave, is a party where people dance to music that they listen to on wireless headphones. Silent Discos can be used in a variety of different settings, such as at a concert, nightclub, or music festival.
To host a Silent Disco Party, you will need:
– The appropriate size of venue for your silent party event
– Several sets of wireless headphones
– A silent sound system equipment that can broadcast up to three different channels of music
– DJs or music performers
– Attendees for your silent party!
Rent or purchase silent disco headphones
When it comes to renting or purchasing silent disco headphones, there are a few things you’ll need to consider. First, you’ll need to decide how many headphones you’ll need. This will depend on the size of your event and the number of people who want to participate.
Party Headphones Wireless headphones
Party headphones come in a variety of styles, and you can choose the ones that best fit your needs. If you’re looking for a pair of headphones that will provide great sound quality, you may want to consider a pair of noise-canceling headphones. These headphones work by canceling out background noise, so you can enjoy your music without distractions.
Silent Event do’s and dont’s
When it comes to Silent Event, there are a few key things to remember:
- Do: Arrive early to get the best spot
When it comes to Silent Event, the earlier you arrive, the better your spot will be. This is because the further back you are, the harder it will be to hear the music.
- Do: Bring your own headphones
This is a must! You will not be able to participate in the Silent event without wireless headphones.
- Do: Have fun!
This is the key to any Silent Disco Party – have fun and let loose!
- Don’t: Forget to dance!
Even though it’s a Silent Party, that doesn’t mean you can’t dance! Let your body move to the music and have a good time.
- Don’t: Stand in the way
When it comes to Silent Discos, it’s important to be aware of your surroundings. Make sure you’re not standing in the way of people who are trying to dance.
- Don’t: Ruin the fun for others
If you’re not enjoying the Silent Party, that’s OK! But make sure you don’t ruin the fun for others by talking or being disruptive.