Each September, smartphone users all over the world (basically everyone) wait in anticipation as Apple releases new models of the iPhone and other products. This year, Apple users were treated to an abundance of new products with the unveiling of three phones, a watch, and streaming video system.
Not only did the launch day mark the 10th anniversary of the iPhone (has it really been that long?), but it was the first event held the Steve Jobs Theater at Apple Park, a 175-acre mega office in Cupertino, CA. While the event was exclusive to media, employees, and some lucky consumers, the public was able to watch the event live on Apple’s website.
Here are some of the advancements Apple is making to propel the technology industry and humankind into realms we’ve never seen before.
iPhone 8 & 8 Plus
1. The most durable glass ever in a smartphone on the front and back
2. Dust and water resistant
3. Easy wireless charging on mats in hotels, cafes, and airports
4. A retina HD display for stunning color and 3D touch
5. More advanced camera with more filters and deeper pixels
Apple Watch Series 3
1. Cellular use so you can leave your phone at home. (What iPhone?)
2. Ability to stream 40 million songs with Apple Music
3. Chat with Siri without your phone
4. Track your workout whether you’re surfing, swimming, or running
Apple TV 4K
1. Gives a crisper picture using four times more pixels than standard HD
2. Offers live news and sports
3. View photos and videos from iCloud on the big screen
And last but not least, drumroll please….
The newest invention features the advanced technology of the iPhone 8 and much, much more.
1. Responds to a tap, your voice, and even a glance
2. A phone that is completely screen
3. Camera and sensor that enables Face ID — your face is your password
4. Mirror your expressions with Animoji
As if all of that wasn’t exciting enough, we couldn’t leave you without sharing the awesome attributes of Apple’s new office park. This office space truly is the best workplace in the entire world. Check out some of our favorite features.
1. A gigantic circular structure surrounded by an outdoor park
2. 100,000-square-foot fitness center for employees
3. Two miles of walking and running paths
4. 1,000 bikes for employees to get around campus
5. A café that’s open to the public and seats 3,000 people
6. Curved windows made from the world’s largest panels of glass
So basically, apply to Apple now!