It’s April and it’s official: Coachella has descended upon us. The two-weekend, fun-filled, social media-clogging, fashionista-darling festival is here. And since we’re so excited about all the gossip, fashion round-ups and music, we decided to gather some highlights and tips for you before you travel. (Lucker.)
We can’t start a festival post without first talking about the music. Here are the headliners and some of the emerging artists to watch.
Headliner Star Power
Beyonce, Eminem, The Weeknd, Cardi B, HAIM, SZA, Vince Staples, David Byrne
Bands to Watch
Big Thief, Brockhampton, Chloe x Halle, Hayley Kiyoko, Sigrid, Tank and the Bangas
- It’s a scorcher during the day and chilly at night. Bring layers!
- Plan your schedule. There is almost too much to see, so make sure you see what you want. Don’t be a wanderer.
- Have a safe spot. Have a place to meet your friends if you get separated.
- Look cute. Look stylish. But by all means, be comfortable.
- Drink. Drink. Drink your water. You’re in the desert after all.
What to Bring
Hey ladies, festivals are all about comfy, casual attire…except when we’re talking Coachella. Yes, you should be comfortable, but being stylish is a must. Why would you go otherwise?
- Panama or dad hat
- Denim cutoffs
- Anything floral
- A kimono
- Raffia Bag (preferably with a pompom or tassel adornment)
- As many accessories as you own
- Water Bottle
- Loads of cash
More Than Music
As any festival goes, there are plenty of other things to experience besides music. One thing to add at the top of your to-do list at Coachella: Try the food. Apparently, it’s as good as the music.
Here are a list of featured restaurants that will be serving food on-site:
- Acai bowls from Backyard Bowls
- Vegan ice cream from Cocobella Creamery
- Fresh-pressed juices from Joe & The Juice
- Orange chicken rice bowls from Little Fatty
- S’mores from Mallow Mallow
- Ramen by Ramen Hood
Oh, and there is plenty of an artistic presence at Coachella too. Create your own art at the D.I.Y. Installation, or see some really cool artwork throughout the fields.
- Fashion accessories
- Hair wrap
- Cell phone carrier
- Aromatherapy roll-on
Every year, Coachella commissions a humongous art installations to be displayed throughout the festival and campgrounds but some of the greatest emerging artists. Here are some of the artists you’ll see:
- Randy Polumbo
- Edoardo Tresoldi
- Katie Stout
- Robert Bose
- Do Lab