As you may know, Coronavirus disease, classified as COVID-19, has been declared a global pandemic, and has now been declared a national emergency within the United States.
We want to make sure our customers are fully informed about how we are handling this news, and to provide clarification as to our internal processes of cleaning in between events, and prevention measures we currently have in place.
First, let’s have a look at the facts.
The virus, known as COVID-19, is a is most likely to spread from person to person through close contact and respiratory droplets from coughs and sneezes that can land on a nearby person’s mouth or nose, according to the CDC .
According to the Journal of Hospital Infection  They concluded that if this new coronavirus resembles other human coronaviruses, such as its “cousins” that cause SARS and MERS, it can stay on surfaces — such as metal, glass or plastic — for as long as nine days (In comparison, flu viruses can last on surfaces for only about 48 hours).
So what does this mean for your Silent Disco Rental?
Everything is going to be OK!
We are happy to inform you that even before the outbreak of this disease, we have held a high standard for equipment sanitization and practices, to keep germs from spreading, and to keep equipment fresh and clean. However, with the outspread of COVID-19, we are taking extra precautions for the consideration and peace of mind of our clients. Continue reading to see what we are doing to keep your guests safe.
Standard Cleaning and Processing Protocol:
- All of our equipment is returned to our distribution warehouse, where it is unloaded, inspected, counted and sorted by staff wearing sanitary protective equipment.
- During inspecting, all surfaces of each product are thoroughly cleaned, paying special detail to areas that are in contact with users (ear muffs, etc). This cleaning is done with a specially formulated surfactant for plastics, mixed with a pure ethyl alcohol wash. The ethyl alcohol percentage in the formula is between 75% and 76% leaving for an effective 99.99% destruction of all bacteria and viruses present.
- Equipment is then re-charged, re-programmed, re-packaged and set aside for a minimum waiting period of 10 days. While we are confident our cleaning process was thorough enough to destroy all bacteria or viruses, this 10 day “quarantine” ensures our equipment is completely clean with 100% certainty.
- On top of this, there is an additional default “quarantine” period after everything has been inspected, cleaned, prepped, and packed, between when we set the order aside for shipping, and the actual date your order is delivered. With this triple-safety approach, we are completely confident in the cleanliness of our equipment.
Additional Precautions Being Taken
In addition to our standard cleaning and processing protocol, we are taking additional measures to ensure equipment is handled safely for your event. This includes the following measures:
- Staff wear additional protective equipment when handling equipment or shipping boxes.
- All of our cleaning and sorting staff are required to thoroughly wash and scrub down their hands and arms before and after cleaning sessions.
- All of our cleaning and sorting staff change protective equipment between each order they process, and apply hand sanitizer between each order.
These additional measures are in place as both an over-precaution, to ensure our clients have the best possible protections in place, as well as a way to keep our staff safe from possible contamination.
Interested in learning what you can do for prevention and to protect yourself?